Workclothes since 1932
Corporate social responsibility
Protective working clothing and equipment every step of the way
Everything we at Wenaas do is focused on protection and responsibility. We are well aware that our
company has environmental and social impact that exceeds far beyond the company itself. As a market leader in workwear and protective clothing, we make high demands on ourselves and work actively to implement improvements.
In addition to seeking out improvements within our own organisation on an ongoing basis, we also make demands on our suppliers. Everyone we work with has signed a Code of Conduct that sets out rules and regulations for how to treat employees and the environment. In this context, we take a zero tolerance approach to forced labour and child labour. We also insist that our partners respect the freedom to organise, equal opportunities and fair, statutory pay, fixed working hours, a safe working environment, and legally binding working conditions; and we follow up to make sure that all obligations, laws and regulations concerning social security are respected.
Corporate social responsibility in the production of workwear and personal protective equipment
- We meet all requirements and standards set out by the UN’s labour organisation, the convention on the rights of the child, and the ILO convention.
- The principal materials used in our various models of work clothes are certified according to the Oeko-Tex 100 standard.
- We are also certified in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards for quality management and environmental management, respectively.We abide by the requirements of REACH – the EU regulations concerning chemicals imported into the EU/EEA.
- Through our Chemical Compliance Programme, we test a range of our products against a selection of the chemicals covered by REACH, so as to check that we live up to the requirements.
- Our CSR programme is comprehensive, and we do everything possible to make sure that all production of workwear and personal protective equipment is carried out under sustainable conditions that withstand inspection.